When searching for a new pair of glasses, you might be asking yourself “what are the best glasses for different face shapes”? Finding the right pair of glasses is not just for eye protection and improving your vision, it's a great addition to your own personal style. With so many frame designs out there, choosing the best frame that compliments your face shape can be overwhelming. In this blog post, we will explore the best glasses for different face shapes so the next time you are wondering what glasses look best on you, you can make an informed decision.
- Oval face shapes are considered to be the most versatile face shape and works well with most frame styles out there. Oval faces are proportionally balanced, have gentle curved lines and a slightly narrower jawline. To keep the balance of your face shape, opt for frames that are as wide as the broadest part of your face. Try styles such as rectangular, square, round, cat eye.
- To counterbalance the softness of a round face, choose frames that create angles and add definition. Angular frames, such as rectangular or square shapes, work well because they add structure and lengthen the face. Avoid round frames, as they tend to accentuate the roundness. Opt for frames with distinct lines and bold colors to create a visually slimming effect.
- Heart-shaped faces feature a broader forehead and narrower jawline, often accompanied by high cheekbones. To complement this face shape, opt for frames that balance out the proportions. Cat-eye frames or glasses with upswept corners work well by drawing attention to the top half of the face and adding width to the lower part. Aviator-style frames can also be a great choice, as they add balance and draw attention away from the forehead.
- Oblong faces are longer than they are wide, with straight cheek lines and sometimes a high forehead. The key is to choose frames that add width and break up the length of the face. Consider frames with decorative temples or contrasting colors to create the illusion of width. Oversized or bold rectangular frames can also be a fantastic option as they provide balance and make the face appear shorter.
- Diamond-shaped faces are characterized by narrow foreheads and chins, with the widest point at the cheekbones. The goal is to find frames that highlight the eyes and soften the cheekbones. Rimless or semi-rimless frames can be an great choice as they minimize the attention on the temple area. Oval or cat-eye frames with gentle curves can also help accentuate your best features while balancing out the narrower forehead and chin.
Finding the right pair of glasses that fits your face shape can do wonders for your overall appearance and even confidence. By understanding your face shape and choosing frames that compliment your features, you can enhance your personal style and make a lasting impression.
Try out different styles, colors, and frame shapes until you find the perfect glasses that not only provide eye protection and clarity but also reflect your unique personality. Remember this guide is not law, but finding the best glasses for your face shape is all about finding a balance that brings out your natural beauty.